Sunday, August 26, 2012

Begin at the Beginning, Vizzini!

Hello from the Hellkitten.

On the advise of my father-in-law, I have decided to begin writing book reviews. I feel like this might be an odd way of occupying my time, however, I spent so much time reading, that I might as well write how I feel about the books as well.

This may save my husband from having to hear about them constantly.

I haven't decided on a way of grading books, as I don't have a checklist yet. So I'm going to go with stars, one through five.

Fair warning, the last fifty or so books I've read have been in the horror genre. It will seem like all I do is horror for the first few review, but I plan on throwing in some different ones. I've read thousands of books and I plan on reading hundreds of thousands more and I can't read everything horror! I've gone through random genre obsessions in my life so hopefully you will bear with me as I decide what books to review.

A little about myself. I am a married, 21 year old female from Texas with almost two year old twin boys. In case you can't do math, this means I got pregnant at 19. I will probably elaborate on that at some point, but not now. I just celebrated my one year anniversary with my husband. We have been going through rough times almost as soon as we started dating back in 2009, but hopefully things will start to get easier soon.

I think my love for books stemmed when I was potty-training and my parents would read to me as an incentive! In any case, I've used my love for books as a way to deal with the hard things I've gone through and am still going through while growing up. I read voraciously and I find books fascinating.

Occasionally, I may post reviews of movies or games as well, if something really knocks my metaphorical socks off.

I'm just starting out. Be kind (and constructive) and I will do my best to spell correctly, use big words, and give y'all some fantastic books to read.

Love,
The HellKitten

No comments:

Post a Comment